M E D I A
HOMEY MEDIA MENTIONS AND WORK
- Cafe owner reaches deal with some Mission District activists, but protests expected to continue, SF Examiner, 3/13/19
- Tensions over Mission District gentrification flare at hearing on 16th Street, SF Examiner, 3/13/19
- Can the Mission Save Itself from Commercial Gentrification?, SF Weekly, 3/13/19
- HOMEY grand reopening in Mission as group seeks to reach new levels, Mission Local, 3/1/19
- Live updates from SF Mission’s ‘Monster’ hearing, Mission Local, 2/7/19
- Activists pack planning commission meeting for SF 16th and Mission housing project, Fox 2 KTVU, 2/7/19 (Roberto Alfaro in video)
- Neighbors, activists vent about planned development at 16th, Mission streets, SF Chronicle, 2/7/19
- Latino Nonprofit Leaders Take Center Stage in Tech-Inspired Accelerator Pitch Night, Cision PR Newswire, 12/14/18
- Unsettled in the Mission: Coded World, El Tecolote, 9/20/18
- Carlos Gutierrez, mentor to troubled youth, dies at 38, Mission Local, 7/18/18
- Mission community mourns youth mentor, Carlos Gutierrez, El Tecolote, 7/30/18
- The POA’s contract and our continuing nightmares, SF Examiner, 5/24/18 (Op-Ed Fr. Richard Smith & Roberto Alfaro)
- A safer San Francisco debates whether to get rid of gang injunctions, SF Chronicle, 4/29/18
- Unsettled in the Mission: Redlined, El Tecolote, 4/5/18
- VIDEO: Educator finds answers to her prayers, El Tecolote, 3/29/18
- Neighborhood Notes: HOMEY returns, activist bus ads, Brava sneak peek, Mission Local, 9/29/17
- Google.org gives $1 million to the organizers of the 'Latino Nonprofit Accelerator', Tech Crunch, 8/24/17
- SF religious leaders take stand against violence, hatred, ABC 7 News, 8/18/17.
- Bay Area Faith Leaders March Against White Supremacy, NBC Bay Area, 8/18/17. (Carlos Gutierrez seen on video)
- Puerto Rican people show Trump what real leadership is, El Tecolote, 8/4/17, (Alfredo Bojorquez see in picture)
- 13 Nonprofits Receive City Funding To Stay In San Francisco, hoodline, 5/26/17
- Activists convince Mission Language and Vocational School to back out of property deal, Mission Local, 5/19/17
- Tempers flare at a meeting where local owners propose housing, Mission Local, 5/9/17
- 2 organizations work to empower Latino communities, Bay Area Life/ABC 7 News, 10/30/16
- Police and Community Address Spike in SF Mission Gang Violence, Mission Local, 10/18/16. \
- Activists Rally for More Local Control of Housing, Mission Local, 10/5/16
- What does California’s new minimum wage buy? A long commute and a room, The Guardian, 4/2/16
- The story of Amilcar Perez-Lopez, The Guardian, 6/2/15
- Walks for a Peaceful Mission, John Montoya, Elizabeth Carranza, Emma Chiang, 5/15/15
- Manhunt underway after two shot in San Francisco's Mission District, ABC7 News, 9/8/15
- Parents and Students Rally as SFUSD Board Votes on Landmark Resolution to Eliminate Suspension Gap for Students of Color, Public Counsel, 2/26/14 Press Release
- California gun ban reality hits target on heated debate, Golden Gate Xpress, 2/26/13.
- Youth Justice Innovation on the West Coast: Examining Community-Based Social Justice Organizations through a Left Realist Lens. Goddard, Tim and Randolph R. Myers. 2013. Western Criminology Review 14(1): 51-62. (HOMEY Included) Scholarly Journal Article
- Community-Driven Youth Justice and the Organizational Consequences of Coercive Governance” Old Dominion University, Goddard, Tim and Randolph R. Myers. 26 February 2013. (HOMEY Included): Scholarly Journal Article
- San Francisco Youth Face Violence, Deportation as Local Services Shrink, New American Media, 4/18/12.
- Police Captain: Unite Against Crime, Mission Local, 4/6/12.
- Upscale culture and gang violence share a small space. Los Angeles Times, 2/21/11
- JROTC under fire in S.F. schools, SF Weekly, 4/8/09.
- Anti-gang program at odds with school, San Francisco Examiner, 1/20/09.
- S.F. gang injunction zone controversial: City attorney's effort to combat gang violence by legally restricting alleged Norteños on a huge swath of S.F. turf draws mixed reactions, San Francisco Chronicle, 10/27/08.
- Controversial mural to be altered in S.F., San Francisco Examiner, 9/20/07.
- Mission youth hang with HOMEY to quell gang violence, San Francisco Chronicle, 9/19/07.
- Black and Brown communities unite to demand an end to San Francisco’s gang injunctions, SF Bayview, 11/7/07
H O M E Y I N
P U B L I C A T I O N S
Goddard, Tim and Randolph R. Myers. 2013. "Youth Justice Innovation on the West Coast: Examining Community-Based Social Justice Organizations through a Left Realist Lens.” Western Criminology Review 14(1): 51-62
Goddard, Tim and Randolph R. Myers. 2013. "Community-Driven Youth Justice and the Organizational Consequences of Coercive Governance." Old Dominion University, Department of Sociology and Criminal Justice, Batten Arts and Letters, 6018, Old Dominion University, Norfolk, VA 23529 USA
V I D E O S A B O U T
H O M E Y
- HOMEY 2016: A New Struggle - https://vimeo.com/193430540
- HOMEY Native Graphix 2014 - https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=oiSxQdGbY6U
- HOMEY 2012 – https://vimeo.com/58086849
- HOMEY 24TH & Capp Mural (2012) https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=DYExwF7854U
- HOMEY 2009 – https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=bYBdKltTYKo
- HOMEY PSA 2008 - https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=f3jIilsSDQM